Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We are really all geeks!

Recently, when i was stuck in an airport with nothing to do, I browsed through a magazine rack and bought something I haven't bought for a very, very long time.

A Double Digest.

doubledigest cover

I used to read tons and tons of Archie when I was a kid, and it's really interesting how Archie n friends have grown up with us. This particular issue that I bought had something that really struck a chord with our recent greeting card contest. I've scanned it for your enjoyment.

 Riverdale Are All Geeks

As you can see, Archie isn't exactly funny (although come to think of it, he never really was as far as I can remember). But this particular strip was really funny, not only because it reminded me of the contest, but because I have a friend called Darcy, who bears a strong resemblance to this guy in the strip. He (the real darcy) used to be the editor of CHIP magazine, a hardcore IT publication that prided itself in providing useful technical tips to the masses.

Darcy, this one's for you. Looks like you're not alone.

2 comments:

Me said...

It's true - I own the streets of Riverdale with my suave geek strut.

By the way, I have a few questions about a man of 29 with an Archie subscription (nobody buys your airport story Chak).

chak said...

ok ok, I admit... I stole it from your collection, geekboy.